Technical Writing and Editorial Services
Are you looking for any of these services?:
- technical writing
- jargon-busting (plain English for the layman)
- clean-up of translations by non-native English speakers
- clear, comprehensible text for websites
We are experienced in:
- writing engineering reports and tender documents
- New Zealand Resource Management Act
- New Zealand Building Act 2004
- territorial authority services and publications
- writing guidance notes for completion of official documents
- writing and editing instruction manuals
- magazine editing
- feature writing
Sarah Wale, our Editorial Consultant, is a writer, editor and proof-reader. She specialises in the editing of technical documents, instruction manuals, information brochures, pamphlets and other publications in plain English, so that they are easily understood by the layman or those for whom English is not their first language.
She also edits papers, theses and documents which have been written in English by non-native English speakers; thus bringing them up to the standard required by government, educational, industrial and commercial institutions.
Sarah has worked successfully with a Territorial Authority to streamline their Building Consent and Resource Consent documentation by simplifying application forms, writing clear, concise guidance notes for those completing the forms - both building professionals and the layman.
She also ensures that printed matter and web-based information are co-ordinated and that the same terminology is used in both - thus clarifying the procedure and hastening the processing of applications.